Why Join Altec?
*The position location is Birmingham, AL*
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. We have an opening for an HR professional to focus on recruiting top talent for Altec. The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the job, with a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two year of experience in Recruiting
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum three years of corporate or staffing industry recruiting experience
- PHR Certification
- Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft (Core HR & Applicant Tracking System), Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
- Collaborate with business leaders and HR Business Partners across Altec to understand staffing forecast, hiring needs, team dynamics and job profiles.
- Develop sourcing and recruiting initiatives to assist the location in meeting Affirmative Action Goals.
- Utilize various sourcing strategies (internet searches, employee referrals external advertisements, social media, career events, social & personal networking) to identify and select the highest qualified candidates
- Take ownership of Recruitment and Selection Hiring Process for selected openings, from identification of need to New Hire, as a full-service provider, including arranging on-site interviews.
- Continue administration of New Hires for openings through the New Hire process, exercising strong HR Generalist responsibilities.
- Maintain and champion professional awareness of and adherence to documentation requirements and confidentiality of information.
- Assist with range of Generalist duties, as HR peak work load requires or as time allows.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to independently lead processes and projects yielding quality results
- High tolerance for workload demands, pressures and deadlines
- Proven track record for producing hiring results
- Possess a strong process orientation and demonstrated experience in a quality improvement corporate staffing and recruitment environment.
- Must maintain strictest level of confidentiality.
- Possess and practice exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage internal customer relationships.
- Knowledgeable of the functions and capabilities of an applicant tracking system, (ATS) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with strong experience with Excel preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectively
- OFCCP, FCRA, EEO, knowledge
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.