Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Welders will perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations while assembling custom truck bodies for the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment.
Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
2nd Shift work is 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
There are opportunities for Welders – Off Shift ( 2nd shift) at Altec in Birmingham, AL. Starting Pay is UP TO $23.55/hour with verifiable experience.
Welders are responsible for using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training.
· Ability to pass a preliminary weld test and ability to complete AWS D1.1 Code certification within 60 days after being placed in a welding position.
· Able and willing to work Off Shift – 2nd shift.
· Welding, cutting and/or fabrication of metal parts.
· Wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding.
· Welds using M-I-G processes and with a torch welder
· Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools
· Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components - large and small - onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, hand tools.
· Performs re-work as required
· Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards
· Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
· Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
· Retirement 401(k) Program
· Vacation and Holidays
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Tuition Assistance Program
· Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
· Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 92 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 120 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Veterans, please visit Altec's Veteran Career site at www.altecveteranrecruiting.com