Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service — and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist in preparation and delivering of finished product.
• Ensure proper surface preparation prior to painting.
• Ensure paint application meets the paint standard.
• Load and unload parts/components to be painted.
• Use of hand tools to uninstall/install components and prepare components for painting.
• Perform rework and repair tasks.
• Perform filter maintenance.
• Perform quality checks.
• Utilizes proper safety techniques.
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• May work in shot blast area.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge desired.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.