Why Join Altec?
Altec Fenex, an Altec subsidiary, was formed in 1993 by a dedicated group who wanted to bring quality equipment to the Telephone Industry. Continuing its 30-year relationship with Communication Companies, Fenex also expanded to Cable and Power Utilities.
Altec, family-owned since 1929, has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of mobile service technicians providing aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment in over 100 countries around the world, all proudly Made in America.
The primary duty of the Assembler is to prepare, assemble, and install vehicle components for Fiber Optic Trailers, Trucks and Vans for tele-co markets.
Why Altec Fenex?
- Enjoy a great small-team environment with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day!
- Day shift position-Four ten-hour days M-Th Overtime on Fridays as needed. No Saturdays or Sundays
- Fast-paced autonomy within a cohesive organization
- All the camaraderie of a smaller facility with all the benefits of a large organization
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family Time
- Growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Learning skills that can be used in daily life
- Non-repetitive assembly process
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer usage knowledge
- Use of hand tools/power tools
- Ability to read tape measures, blueprints, technical drawings, schematics
- Previous work experience in fields such as construction/carpentry/mechanical/agriculture
The job may be placed at a higher level in the career path if experience warrants.
- Mastery of mechanical, electrical, or hydraulics with trouble shooting skills
- Willingness and ability to train new/current associates
- Proficient knowledge
- Install unit vehicle components and accessories
- Use and provide proper care of PPE
- Read and interpret schematics (blueprints)
- Read and interpret work orders
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measure and specialty equipment
- Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell)
- Perform rework as required
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives
- Willing to cross-train in other work areas in order to support production needs
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
- Maintain daily time records and document all standard work
- Rotate responsibilities as needed
- Other job duties as assigned.
Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
There’s never been a better time to join us!