Why Join Altec?
Altec is an industry leader, providing equipment to electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help customers dig deeper and reach higher!
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, has an opening for a Sales Coordinator. JJ Kane extends the lifecycle of critical equipment that allows new markets—small businesses and local individuals—to continue using products. This is great for the environment and for communities. Altec’s JJ Kane auction associates are the best in the business.
Join an essential industry with this home office position located in Jackson, MS.
$61,500 to $68,000, depending on experience.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- If you are seeking a culture of innovation and inclusivity,
- Where your strong administrative, interpersonal, organization and communication skills can shine,
- And if you are ready to join a nationwide team with dozens of auction lots across the country,
- Where continued growth can result in a long-term career position
Then we want to meet you!
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! Please go to www.altec.com, and www.jjkane.com to explore our company’s strong history. JJ Kane Company Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aieKfXM4tc
Altec, family-owned since 1929, has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Advocate for the customer and work as a liaison between our direct sales force, customers, and our auction operations team. Responsible for auctions and operational processes, this position is also responsible for working with a defined group of outside sales associates to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. Your handling of many of the day-to-day needs of our existing buyers and sellers enables the outside sales team to spend more time finding new consignors.
- Serves customers by providing quotes/pricing, entering and tracking consignments, contracting for shipping, providing delivery assistance for buyers, and communicating credit terms
- Works with auction team to immediately respond to customer requests for information on auction day
- Serves as customer service representative for customer inquiries leading up to each auction
- Coordinates with Accounts Receivable to communicate invoice and credit terms; Assists with and resolves collection issues
- Accurately costs and completes all steps required in quoting each product, making sure that all quotes follow the corporate standards for format and content
- Efficiently captures & communicates customer requirements
- Processes orders per the corporate procedures in a complete and accurate manner while meeting pre-established time parameters
- Safely drives and operates vehicles and equipment to stage for photographs
- Develops and maintains knowledge of commonly sold products, customers, administrative and production processes
- Deals with operational issues such as pictures, specifications, descriptions and conditions
- Coordinates decommissioning, cleanup and approved maintenance for consignments from region
- Assists with data acquisition for items to be sold in the region
- Assists in approving items to be included in the auction and on the website
- Enters in fees for items sold in the Timed Auction
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and assists in delivering them to customers
- Works with transportation coordinator to arrange pick up of consignments
- Utilizes PO system to enter all reimbursable costs into database
- Reviews payout information to ensure all costs are charged back to each consignment
- Demonstrates consistent progress towards proficiency in areas of training (defined by training objectives document)
- Attends classroom and online training sessions to enhance skills and build knowledge
- Travel Required
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Sales, Business preferred
- Available for overnight travel, required.
- Must be able to analyze problems & develop solutions
- Good communication skills are a must
- Candidate must be able to independently manage their time and tasks
- Demonstrated Customer and People Skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available