Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service — and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Applies information systems and technical analysis techniques and processes, including consulting with users and management, to plan, design, configure, deliver, and maintain optimal hardware and software systems for excellent business results related to network access control technology.
- Responsible for Aruba network access control, administration and project work related to wired & wireless networking & network security.
- Design and maintain network documents and diagrams.
- Able to draw on research and experience to resolve complex problem on single product.
- Completes tasks and meets deadlines; takes ownership of issues and sees them through to resolution.
- Demonstrated expertise using technical tools and supporting at least one technical product.
- Able to work independently at least 50% of the time and displays judgment in prioritization of work.
- Plans and organizes own work; follows procedures and policies.
- Participates in future state process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to cross functional technical and/or business team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Aruba ClearPass certification (ACCP) preferred.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs, cloud networking, and mobile networking.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 7 years relevant experience.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience required. 2 or more years ClearPass deployment and administration experience strongly preferred.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Good analytical, verbal, and written skills required.
- Participate in continuous improvement events.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Interact with users for system clarifications and requirements.
- Write system and process documentation.
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person.
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects.
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern.
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 25%
The job level may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.