Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher!
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, has an opening for an inventory coordinator in China Grove, NC. Strong in spirit and industry knowledge, Altec’s JJ Kane auction associates are the best in the industry. Establish a career within an Essential Industry supporting utilities and telecom.
- If you are seeking a culture of innovation and inclusivity,
- With non-repetitive days working outside in changing weather conditions,
- Where your hands-on ability and interest in equipment can result in a long-term career position,
- And if you are ready to join a nationwide team staffing dozens of auction lots across the country,
Then, we want to meet you!
Hourly rate and potential for overtime varies relative to experience and location.
$19.50 – 23.47
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec, family-owned since 1929, has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
The Ideal Background:
- Education or experience with mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Troubleshooting and mechanic skill is not required, but an interest and appreciation for equipment is needed
- Forklift certification
- Related equipment includes aerial units including bucket trucks, digger derricks & cranes; utility support equipment such as puller/tensioners, pole trailers & material trailers; forestry equipment including forestry buckets, chipper dumps, chippers, skidders & mulchers; construction & mining equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers, backhoes, air compressors, generators, equipment trailers & other related support equipment; farm equipment to include tractors, combines, headers, sprayers & implements
- Climb on, off, and under large equipment and trucks for inspection
- Load and unload product from trucks
- Upload pictures, descriptions, and conditions to the website
- Work outside year-round, no matter the weather
- Use a forklift to load, unload and rearrange heavy equipment
- Arrange Auction Yard for sale days
- Perform all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures
- Provide accurate and sufficient information on all required documents
- Demonstrate Altec Company Values
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience using laptops, iPads
- Ability to support customers by working overtime
- Advocate safety in everything we do
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.