Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service — and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for implementing, administering, and maintaining server hardware, operating systems, and applications supporting critical business operations.
- Responsible for administration of servers and associated application technical stacks supporting one or more critical business applications.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to cross functional technical and/or business team
- Able to draw on research and experience to resolve complex problems
- Completes tasks and meets deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Able to work independently and displays judgment in prioritization of work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 7 years relevant experience.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience installing, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting application platform such as Apache tomcat, Apache HTTP, nginx, Oracle WebLogic, IIS, or similar technologies
- Intermediate Server Administration knowledge for Windows or Linux Operation Systems
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to write and debug scripts in languages such as PowerShell, bash, python, or similar scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion, Dynatrace, Datadog, or similar technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Backups and Disaster Recovery Systems like Veeam, Commvault, Rubrik, or similar technologies
- Experience with storage protocols such as S3, NFS, or SMB
- Experience with Engineering PLM software such as Siemens Teamcenter
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Participate in continuous improvement events
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Interact with users for system clarifications and requirements
- Write system and process documentation
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 25%
The job level may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.