Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service — and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Mold, fabricate, weld, prepare or install service truck body components to required specifications; may examine products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed
• Prepare and assemble multiple components together
• Learn and operate all equipment and tools in the department
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE
• Perform re-work as needed
• Read blueprints and specifications
• Learn and follow all work instructions
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Support the Altec Production System (APS) and Lean Manufacturing by minimizing waste and improving performance
• Maintain work area and tools/equipment
• Move to other areas of production within the facility as needed
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Ability to use measuring equipment and read blueprints and schematics preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• General knowledge of the following preferred.
o Manufacturing / Production processes
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.