Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, there's never been a better time to join us! Our company was founded on values that place the customer first and prioritize our people as our greatest strength. Over the years, those values and our talented associates have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of customers worldwide. Today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that sets the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service — and that's why we're the ideal place for you to grow your career.
Founded in 1929, Altec is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and signs markets. We help our customers dig deeper and reach higher in more than 100 countries around the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Code, test, and document programs and provide user support
- Software development including testing and preparation of technical documentation
- Architect simple applications
- Communicate well with Agile team members and is a strong contributor to an Agile team.
- Resolve simple programming issues within a single application without supervision and takes ownership of issues and sees them through to resolution
- Quickly adopts new technical skill sets and is proficient with programming tools
- Meets deadlines
- Able to work independently at least 50% of the time and displays judgment in prioritization of work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with four years relevant work experience.
- Angular 16+
- Front-end and back-end unit testing
- Entity Framework or similar ORM
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Follow internal development processes and standards
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Interact with users for programming specification clarification and detail
- Write technical documentation
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Perform software testing
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 25%.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Traditional or Roth Program Options with Company Match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Additional Wellness Programs and Rewards Available
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.