Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to Altec’s values while achieving customer goals: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
The Altec Service Group has an opening for an Area Manager. The preferred candidate will be located in Shrewsbury, MA.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities for the assigned territory, while ensuring excellence in customer service and the growth of new customers within the area
• Serves as member of the senior service management team by participating in business planning, goal setting and leading or performing project work
• Recommends or manages the staffing process, such as scheduling and hiring to ensure levels are sufficient; holds associates/managers accountable for work quality, performance and manages through developing and communicating excellent standards of service
• Directs the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures; Directs training programs to ensure understanding and compliance
• Leads and coaches the shop service team and develops associates for their current and future positions within Altec
• Establishes and maintains positive external and internal customer relationships
• Leads managers in the promotion of all aspects of Altec Service with new and existing customers and proactively develops service opportunities
• Manages all financial aspects of Service Center, including but not limited to, annual budgets, inventory management, gross margin, expense management and pre-tax profit; Manages capital projects within budget
• Tracks Key Performance Indicators and manages performance to objectives provided by senior management
• Supports and establishes effective workflow processes and systems to ensure continued improvement, growth and customer satisfaction within the organization; Manages other processes within the group, including but not limited to Service Request management, scheduling and purchasing, standard work instructions and Altec policies within the Service Centers
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Five plus years’ experience as an Altec Service Manager, or ten years supervisory experience in a mechanical or service industry
• The preferred candidate will have experience in safety and environement leadership roles.
• Ability to manage direct reports in multi-state areas
• Current valid driver’s license
• PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
• Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages expenses to budget within assigned area
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Customer Service Oriented
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintains company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
• Travel across a large area is necessary to successfully manage the team. The expectation is that you will travel up to 75%.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do. The successful applicant will lead the team in executing an accident free culture.
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate checks have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality service and customer satisfaction.
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.