Why Join Altec?
Be a part of a respected company in business for over 90 years. Altec truly cares about its associates and provides competitive pay and comprehensive benefits that address your physical, financial and mental well-being. Altec NUECO provides used equipment to our customers as well as an exit strategy for disposing of existing equipment. Our Service Technicians are vital in helping us deliver on Altec’s commitment to be there for the life of the equipment.
Apply at Altec Careers – Altec Inc
Take a Career Step!
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Altec specializes in aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Competitive pay plus comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program with generous company match, Three weeks paid Vacation and ten company paid Holidays prorated per calendar year, Flexible Spending Accounts, FREE Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees through the University of Alabama in Birmingham (all online), Tuition Reimbursement program at other colleges across the country, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Develop your skills with ongoing training on heavy equipment.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity
People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Related experience or education preferred
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Certified Welder preferred
- Specific experience with equipment including truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment preferred
- Examples of related equipment are construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks. Aircraft and Aerospace or Ground Support Equipment (AGE / GSE) repair is also good experience.
- Physical effort and dexterity is required, lifting up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and operate forklifts
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Overtime - occasional
- High School or GED required
- No travel required, except for occasional training
- Uphold Altec’s safety commitment
- Maintain and repair Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, and other equipment
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order
- Exhibit positive and effective interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customers
- Maintain accurate records of all service, repair, and other work
The chosen hire will be placed into the appropriate job level based on their experience and qualifications, according to Altec guidelines.
Hourly rate with potential for occasional overtime.
Annualized at $58,000 to $70,000 depending on qualifications.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.