Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently recruiting a Engineering Safety/Environmental Co-Op for a one semester commitment, from January-July 2024. Positions are located at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO. Altec provides furnished housing as well as a competitive hourly wage.
Building on 94 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree required
- A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
- Occupational and Safety
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Prior interaction with Altec team at a recruitment event highly preferred
- Conducts environmental and safety training and education programs, and demonstrates the use of safety equipment
- Serves as the assistant Primary Emergency Response Coordinator and Assistant Spill Team Leader for HAZWOPER certified responders at the facility
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s)
- Maintains all Environmental and Safety Governmental records
- Leads and coordinates Environmental and Safety Compliance and Worker’s Compensation RCI events
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Completes and files all Environmental and Safety regulatory reports and submits required governmental reports for EPA and OSHA compliance
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Investigates health-related complaints, & inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation & regulations
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures
- Paticipate in Lean manufacturing initiatives and take part in Kaizen activities
- Orders suspension of activities that pose potential exposure to workers' health, safety, and/or potential impact to the environment or ecosystems where the facility is located
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations
- Any other special projects as needed
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.