Why Join Altec?
Strong in spirit and industry knowledge, Altec mechanics are the best in the industry.
- If you are a career-minded equipment mechanic seeking a cleaner, smarter work environment,
- Or a field mechanic willing and able to repair equipment vital to our nation’s infrastructure,
- And if you are ready to join a team of 40+ service centers and a broad network of mobile technicians,
Then, we want to meet you.
Hourly rate and potential for overtime varies relative to experience and location. Job openings exist across the U.S. and Canada.
$66,000 – $85000
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- On-demand access to technical support, direct parts, and engineering
- Ongoing training on Altec equipment
- A career with an OEM in an Essential Industry supporting utilities and telecom
- (Field ) You will have a state-of-the-art company service vehicle, customer interaction, and a flexible schedule
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, paid vacation
- Potential to work overtime
Altec, family-owned since 1929, has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
The Ideal Background:
Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similar
- Previous mechanic and/or equipment service experience
- Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Perform replacement of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components
- Utilize all technical support resources (such as operator, parts, and maintenance manuals, HowFactory, etc.) in troubleshooting, determining procedures, and identifying parts needed for repair
- Perform Unit Condition Inspections and Reports
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
- Perform all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures
- Advise supervisors of situations that may impact a customer relationship
- Provide accurate and sufficient information on all required documents
- Demonstrate Altec Company Values
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- As needed, provide basic tools per the Altec tool policy
- Drive motor vehicles
- Develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
- Advocate safety in everything we do
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Prescription Safety Glasses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- HealthMiles Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.