Altec Capital Services is hiring a Collections Specialist in Birmingham, AL. This position focuses on collecting outstanding lease payments and working through customer service issues that relate to customer payments. Major responsibilities include the following:
• Respond to customer billing inquiries that affect payment of outstanding invoices.
• Perform audits on the customer's account and if necessary work with lease accountants to reconcile billing issues in a timely manner to expedite customer payments.
• Make courtesy calls to new clients to ensure timely payments and respond to “first bill” inquiries.
• Assist credit manager with coordinating equipment repossession efforts.
• Assist credit manager with third party collection firms who may be working on collecting receivables deemed “bad debt” by Altec Capital.
• Manage default deadlines and mail default notices to customers.
• Promptly contact customer upon receipt of returned checks or ACHs due to non-sufficient funds.
• Document all communications with the customer in LeaseWave.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please apply directly on our website https://jobs.altec.com/
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
• High School degree or equivalent
• Three to five years of prior accounts receivable collections experience required
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently
• Maintain company confidentiality
• Customer service oriented
Since 1929, Altec has been a company committed to excellence, consistently raising the bar through innovative design, manufacture, integrated safety features, and a continued dedication to total customer satisfaction. Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec Capital offers customized lease and purchase financing solutions, to make every purchase more affordable and convenient for our customers. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Altec Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.