Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensuring materials, equipment, supplies, and/or services are obtained and delivered with the most favorable terms for the organization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Examples of work performed – responsibilities listed do not necessarily apply to all positions in this job title).
• Prepare, process, and approve purchase orders for inventoried items with unlimited expense amounts
• Resolve shortages
• Communicate and coordinate business unit’s requirements to customers and suppliers
o i.e. needs, deadlines, impact to schedule, available alternatives
o Includes internal and external customers/suppliers
• Commitment to expediting, prioritizing, and planning for the business unit's needs
• Identifying and resolving errors
• Department specific quoting
• Invoice management, including resolution of discrepancies in pricing and receiving transactions.
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 4-year Degree preferred.
- OR -
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience required:
o External: 7 years applicable experience.
o Internal: 6 years applicable experience with at least 2 of those years with Altec, Supply Chain Functions preferred.
o Applicable Masters or APICS Certification counts as one year of experience, not to exceed one year in total.
- AND -
• Microsoft Office suite experience required.
• Knowledge of supply chain principles and concepts required.
• ERP system experience preferred.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Authority to approve and process purchase orders with unlimited inventory items, and with limited oversight from supervision.
• Some travel (up to 25%) may be required.
o Specific assignments may have additional travel requirements
• Must be customer service oriented
• Must be able to maintain company confidentiality
• Should be able to handle stress and deadlines
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Responsibility for Safety: Safety in everything we do.
Responsibility to Prevent Errors: Avoid serious consequences resulting from errors.
Mental Alertness: Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others: Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.