Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is intended for entry into management while maintaining a heavy technical hands-on responsibility (similar to a working group leader with supervision also).
• Supervising within a department may include some technical responsibilities consistent with technical career paths
• Assesses and coaches associates on their performance and professional development
• Ensures execution of objectives in support of the department.
• Ensures processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to
• Helps coordinate resource and manpower management
• Responsible for
o satisfying internal/external customers
o actively support internal/external suppliers and processes.
• Operates with some decision-making latitude within the Department
• Develops leadership and management skills necessary to grow and develop a team
• With direct guidance from a department Manager, Supervises a team within a department
• Communicates effectively across areas of influence
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• ABET EAC certified Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
o Internal Candidates - Minimum of two (2) years' Altec experience
Applicable Masters counts as one year of experience.
o External Candidates - Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an engineering role after earning the Degree in Engineering
Applicable Masters counts as one year of experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree, technical field preferred,
o Minimum of four (4) years’ Altec Experience, two (2) of which must be after earning the Degree
• Associates Degree, technical field preferred, with six (6) years’ Altec experience, four (4) of which must be after earning the Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With oversight from his/her Manager, directly supervises two or more associates within the Department he/she works
• Conducts Compensation review and recommendations
• Conducts performance reviews
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Follow all established processes and guidelines
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.