Why Join Altec?
Be a part of a respected company in business for over 90 years. Altec NUECO provides used equipment to our customers as well as an exit strategy for disposing of existing equipment. Our associates are vital in helping us deliver on Altec’s commitment to be there for the life of the equipment.
Altec Company Values:
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability – Integrity
People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Apply at https://jobs.altec.com/
Take a Career Step
- Should you wish to further your education, Altec will pay for you to get your Bachelor’s Degree after 6 months of employment and provides a way to do that totally online.
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Altec specializes in aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
The purpose of this position is to assist technicians with repairs and preparing units for customer delivery. Serves in a non-technical role not requiring specialized skill or autonomy. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do, as is adhering to the Altec Company Values.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Mechanical Aptitude required.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete all required/assigned training.
- Ability to seek out appropriate associate for assistance.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and operate forklifts.
- Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
- Overtime and shift work may be required.
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Holds or gathers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
- Moves vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Adjusts, maintains, and repairs tools, equipment, and machines, and assist skilled workers with similar tasks.
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Performs all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures.
- Notifies technicians or supervisors of situations that may impact a customer relationship.
- Provides accurate and sufficient information on all required documents.
- Demonstrates Altec Company Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Altec provides competitive pay starting at $18-$20 an hour, which rewards performance, plus comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.