Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking a Control Systems Engineer for our Focus Factory located in Elizabethtown, KY. From customer interaction to custom product creation, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment.
As a Controls Engineer, you will design, build, and test customer-specific electrical systems and design using simulation and model-based design.
- Develop and validate controls logic that will be embedded in Altec products
- Hands-on, full machine performance testing
- Create and maintain functional requirements and validation documentation for control systems
- Develop interface pages/material for configuring, troubleshooting, and servicing machines
- Curate information locally on the machine that can be transmitted via telematics to further product knowledge and generate insights for customers
- Review electrical component specification and application for compatibility
- Work with remote team members to maintain product architecture
- Embedded system design and component selection
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Engineering (not Technology)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical with Controls concentration, or
- Agricultural Engineering with Control Systems
- Experience with model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Experience with CAN communication is preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Ability to work with team members and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PLM software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and principles.
- Detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
Is this your next career step?
- The equipment is trusted by linemen to hold them in the air while working on High Voltage power lines
- Work in a facility that manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs
- Have the opportunity to contribute in a variety of areas
- Hands-on approach is encouraged: build your own prototypes, test your own designs
- Play a critical role in developing new control systems for customer applications.
- Possess strong designs skills and knack for problem solving and troubleshooting systems.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.