Why Join Altec?
We are seeking an experienced mechanic to join our team of skilled professionals. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical background with experience working on electrical and hydraulic components, including the ability to read schematics.
Altec is a US based company with service operations throughout Canada. We value teamwork, safety, and enjoyment of work. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for training and advancement within the company.
Hourly rate and potential for overtime varies relative to experience and location. Job openings exist across the U.S. and Canada.
This position is eligible for a $1500 sign-on bonus.
Job Type: Full Time, potential for overtime
Pay: $29-$42 per hour depending on skills and experience
- On-demand access to technical support, direct parts, and engineering
- Ongoing training on Altec equipment
- A career with an OEM in an Essential Industry supporting utilities and telecom
- You will have a state-of-the-art company service vehicle, customer interaction, and a flexible schedule
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Potential to work overtime
Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
The Ideal Background:
- Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similar
- Previous mechanic and/or equipment service experience
- Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Perform replacement of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components
- Utilize all technical support resources (such as operator, parts, and maintenance manuals, HowFactory, etc.) in troubleshooting, determining procedures, and identifying parts needed for repair
- Perform Unit Condition Inspections and Reports
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
- Perform all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures
- Advise supervisors of situations that may impact a customer relationship
- Provide accurate and sufficient information on all required documents
- Demonstrate Altec Company Values
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, provincially-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- As needed, provide basic tools per the Altec tool policy
- Drive motor vehicles
- Develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
- Advocate safety in everything we do
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid Time Off – Starts at 3 Weeks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Paid Wellness Program
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Altec Industries Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Altec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.