Why Join Altec?
WE ARE IN THE CUSTOMER SOLUTION AND SATISFACTION BUSINESS. PEOPLE AND VALUES YOU CAN DEPEND ON. PRODUCTS THEY CAN DEPEND ON.
Make a positive impact with an industry leader. Altec's products - Made in America - provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure. Altec's primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- We continue to provide the professional challenge, technical camaraderie, team collaboration, growth and reward sufficient to last a career
- Bring your technical passion and thinking skills. Have an idea. Develop it. Bring it to fruition
- Interact with the product you create
- Interact directly with end users/customers, market managers to get first-hand knowledge of product use(s)
- Work in the manufacturing facilities that are producing the equipment being developed.
- Participate and contribute as a key player in Altec's collaborative design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts
The job level is able to be adjusted if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- ABET EAC certified Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Master's Degree in Engineering
- Applicable Master’s counts as one year of experience.
- Coop, Intern, Temp experience does not count towards the requirements
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in an engineering role after earning the Degree in Engineering
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. "More than just building equipment, we also build relationships." Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork.
- Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec's position within the product line
- Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec's collaborative design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with some decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- As directed, may assign work to Designers, Engineering Technologists and Engineers (entry level)
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Utilizes Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- May manage various sizes of Altec projects and/or act as Team Lead.
- Fulfills assigned responsibilities in one or more of the following roles
- Converts order requirements into a proposal package for the Customer and a technical build package for Operations inclusive of Unit/Body/Chassis and all associate components and systems
- Develops specifications of products, materials and components
- Provides technical oversight to engineering technologists and designers
- Ensures manufacturing is building product in conformance to current engineering documentation
- Reviews the design of components and parts for design-for-manufacturability
- Monitors costs, workforce efficiency, machine capability, space utilization, etc. and recommend as appropriate revisions in manufacturing methods
- Leads continuous improvement efforts in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Productivity
- Leads the integration of innovative designs into Manufacturing
- Leads and implement Capital projects
- Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance along with a comprehensive benefits package.