Why Join Altec?
Become part of the Altec Service Group, a collaborative team that exceeds customer expectations, values its team members, and upholds Altec’s core values. Altec’s primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Chippers, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians. The Altec Service Group is dedicated to the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the product lines for the life of the equipment.
- Previous shop mechanic and/or equipment service experience
- Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similar
- Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom)
- We are hardworking people who support hardworking people, who support hardworking people!
- Ongoing factory training and world-class technical support to enhance your technical skill set
- A range of training and education on-line offerings for personal and professional improvement
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, paid vacation
- Potential to work overtime to support the customer
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
- Independently complete services and repair tasks ranging from basic to moderately complex.
- Provide basic troubleshooting.
- Perform Unit Condition inspections and Reports (UCR's).
- Utilize all technical support resources (including but not limited to: operators, parts, and maintenance manuals, HowFactory, etc.) in determining procedures and identifying parts.
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Perform all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures.
- Advise supervisors of situations that may impact a customer relationship.
- Provide accurate and sufficient information on all required documents.
- Demonstrate Altec Company Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork