Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking a Control Systems Developer able to work at one of our Focus Factories in multiple locations.
WE ARE IN THE CUSTOMER SOLUTION AND SATISFACTION BUSINESS. PEOPLE AND VALUES YOU CAN DEPEND ON. PRODUCTS THEY CAN DEPEND ON. As a Controls Developer, you will design, develop, and deploy technologies and systems for embedded controls on Altec products.
Make a positive impact with an industry leader
- Altec equipment is trusted by Utility Companies, Contractors, and Linemen to help them safely construct and maintain High Voltage power lines.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry. We continue to provide the professional challenge, technical camaraderie, team collaboration, growth and reward sufficient to last a career.
- Bring your technical passion and thinking skills.
- Have an idea. Develop it. Bring it to fruition.
Interact with the product you create
- Own the development from beginning to end and support the equipment during and after production.
- Interact directly with end users/customers, market managers to get first-hand knowledge of product use(s).
- Work in the manufacturing facilities that are producing the equipment being developed.
- Personally operate the equipment in development
- Participate and contribute as a key player in Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts
The job level is able to be adjusted if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- ABET EAC certified Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering is required for engineering degrees
- A foundation can be found in Mechanical Engineering (often with controls, computer science, or mechatronics emphasis/minor), Electrical Engineering (embedded system design emphasis), Agricultural Engineers (with system design emphasis)
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, e.g., Computer Science
- Preferred skill sets can be found in projects working with CAN communication, model-based design such as Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, or with an Arduino
- Develop and validate controls logic
- Embedded system design and component selection
- Develop interface pages/material for configuring, troubleshooting, and servicing machines
- Curate information locally on machine that can be transmitted via telematics to further product knowledge and generate insights for customers
- Review electrical component specification and application for compatibility
- Work with remote team members to maintain product architecture
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
Altec’s primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance along with a comprehensive benefits package.