Use tomorrow's technology today as an Instructional Designer with Altec! Expand your creative horizons using cutting-edge technology to create new ways to learn! The Altec Sentry Instructional Designer assists Altec subject matter experts in developing and creating web deliverables and instructor-led training content.
Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom)
- Make use of a range of training and education on-line offerings for personal and professional improvement
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
Altec is currently looking for an Instructional Designer to work with the Altec Sentry team in Birmingham, AL. Altec Sentry helps our customers train and certify Altec equipment operators on safe and proper operation. We are committed to safety and believe that industry-leading equipment deserves industry-leading training!
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor's degree required: Educational Technology and/or Instructional Design preferred
- Experience in course development, written objectives, test questions and course content
- 3+ years of work experience with instructional technology and software including Articulate 360/Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or other comparable program(s)
- Knowledge of and experience with LMS and eCommerce
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of SCORM (2004), XML code and Flash based programs
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications
- Travel - up to 25%
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to create practical examinations and requirements
- Experience in course accreditation
- Knowledge and understanding of video production and editing programs
- Identify training requirements from industry standards and best practices
- Create storyboard content and produce scripts
- Produce interactive deliverable content (animations and videos)
- Assist in the development of test question pool
- Create systems to measure mastery of concepts
- Monitor the delivery of developed content and provide technical support
- Support accreditation of programs, when applicable
- Estimate development schedules for assigned tasks and projects
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data and output requirements with subject matter experts
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork