Why Join Altec?
Marketing Data Intern
Altec is currently looking for a Marketing Data Intern in Birmingham, AL to begin in May 2023. This position is responsible for digital merchandising and supporting product content for Altec. This may involve planning and creating copywriting, product literature, guides, catalogs, and image editing. Responsibilities may also include trade show support and related marketing efforts.
- Be part of a fun, a collaborative team that understands the value of its team members, strives to make a lasting impact, and believes in and upholds the company values.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom)
- Join an industry leader. Altec’s primary products – Made in America – include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Chippers, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- Share your passion within a like-minded, collaborative team environment
- Maintain career focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive Benefits include affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Add, maintain and improve existing and new product listings across the Supply Store, ensuring that all products are displayed following our merchandising guidelines.
- Ensure that all aspects of the products are effectively merchandised, including setting up of the product (individual and in bulk), pricing, categorization, descriptive and keyword-focused product name, marketing description, product specification(s), warning(s), certification(s), and manuals as well as digital assets
- Assist in driving new product launches and seasonal campaigns on specific deadlines, working with the merchandising and corporate marketing teams
- Adhere to best data management practices and maintain a high standard of accuracy and efficiency
- Assist in maintaining our merchandising guidelines
- Develop knowledge of Altec Supply products and services, manufacturers, and customers in order to better understand the markets served
- Collaborate with manufacturers, merchandisers, and the procurement team to gather product information and necessary assets
- Effectively communicate project status on a consistent and proactive basis
- All other duties as assigned
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university with a major in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Business.
- Little or no experience in product merchandising or data entry software
- Working knowledge of basic image editing skills
- Working knowledge of eCommerce, digital marketing, and advertising
- Knowledge of tools and accessories and/or the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light, and sign maintenance industries, is a plus
- Must have the ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have a customer service-oriented attitude
- Must have good critical thinking skills
- May include up to 10% travel
- All other duties as assigned
Altec Company Values:
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.