Why Join Altec?
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, currently has an opening for a Project Management Analyst in our offices located in the Inverness area in Birmingham, AL. The JJ Kane Continuous Improvement Team is responsible for leading change by integrating new products, processes, and services into the business.
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history. Please go to www.altec.com, and www.jjkane.com to learn more.
Company Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aieKfXM4tc
- Participate in process mapping to analyze steps to defined procedures, determine the value-added actions, and assist in determining if change is warranted to reduce costs and/or improve customer service.
- Conduct pre- and post-event research and data collection to measure improvement efforts in Oracle, WMS, and like parts distribution platforms.
- Use interpersonal communication to ensure change initiatives are effectively justified and adopted by the workforce in order to tie the change to the organizational culture.
- Develop estimated cost savings reports as a result of change efforts.
- Willing to work during off-shift hours periodically to allow for uninterrupted PCD operations.
- When required, brief senior managers and leaders with findings and recommendations related to process improvement events.
Education, Experience, And Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business management, Industrial Engineering or related discipline required
Internal candidates - minimum of one (1) year Altec experience
- Applicable Masters counts as one year of experience
External candidates - minimum of one (1) year experience in a project analyst/project management role in a business environment that requires critical thinking
Applicable Masters counts as one year of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of business principles
- Experience with Altec Production System (internal only) or applicable project environments
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice with may include flying
- Lean Six Sigma, project management, or process improvement experience or certificates are preferred
- Solid computer skills and data collection/presentation are essential with knowledge of word processing, Excel spreadsheets, and Oracle applications
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written forms
- Self-driven with initiative to recognize areas for improvement guided by organizational intent to achieve results
- Team player with the confidence and humility to coordinate with senior leaders and sister organizations
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Why join Altec?
- Work-life balance
- Consistent work schedule/standard hours
- Values-based culture
- Stability of a 90+ year old company
- Challenging, rewarding work environment
- Promotional opportunities
- Wide range of accounting positions– financial accounting, cost accounting, lease and rental accounting
Among our core values is a focus on family and financial stability, and we believe it is important to provide associates with a competitive benefits package. Highlights of Altec’s benefits package are listed below.
Learn more by visiting Benefits on the Altec Career Page
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Care Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (helps meet CPA credit hours requirements)
- Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Vacation Purchase
- Company Wellness Programs (Physical, Social, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial)
- Personal and Professional Learning/Development Opportunities
- Plus more!
Altec’s values-based culture provides opportunities for associates to have a fulfilling professional career while maintaining a work-life balance and consistent work schedule.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.