Why Join Altec?
There is an immediate opportunity for an Engineering Technologist--Entry Level/New Grad. The selected candidate will apply electrical, mechanical, and process skills and knowledge to the design, manufacture, and support of Altec products.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two-year applicable degree required
- Four-year applicable degree preferred
- May be responsible for processes, documentation, and systems that support Safety, Manufacturing, Design, Quality, etc.
- Identify when Engineering support is necessary and obtain that support to ensure a quality product
- Analyze technical requirements and coordinate across Altec departments and units to determine the most appropriate solution.
- May interact directly with Customers to define requirements, propose solutions, and provide support.
- Basic understanding of fluid power and electrical systems is preferred.
- Associate will be responsible for creating electrical and hydraulic schematics as well as bills of materials.
- Ensure production prints support the Altec Production System and deliver quality designs to production.
- Support production needs throughout the build process in or to produce a quality product.
- Provide support, utilizing other technical personnel as needed.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Communicate effectively across all areas of influence.
- Learn and apply relevant standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Onsite employee health clinic
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.