Why Join Altec?
Technical Sales team members play an important role in revenue and profit growth for named accounts while providing creative, custom solutions for our customers.
- Advocating for customers with creative solutions while leading and supporting the sales & operations processes.
- Working within a positive and team-oriented environment, the position engages in the technical aspects of products, and the details of order award and execution.
- Owning orders and managing the process from quoting, ordering, customer visits, and on to successful completion.
Altec is an Industry Leader at producing and selling lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment helping people access tough-to-reach places.
- Since 1929, Altec has Altec has been a company committed exceptional customer service through teamwork and continuous improvement.
- We excel through innovative designs, integrated safety features, and dedication to total customer satisfaction.
- Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two years of successful experience in Customer Service, Sales Support, or Technical Support preferred
- Available for overnight travel up to 10%
- Must be able to independently analyze problems & develop solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Candidate must be able to independently manage their time and tasks
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
The position will distinguish our organization with professionalism, best practices and deliverables that build customer loyalty. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Interact with customers in ways that add value, occasionally entertain customers ensuring a positive experience.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Altec products, customers, administrative and production processes.
- Serve customers by providing quotes, pricing, change orders, shipping and delivery information, while also facilitating quality issues and hosting factory tours and inspections.
- Work with engineering and operations teams to communicate customer needs and propose solutions.
- Participate in events to continuously improve our organization and our team members.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.