Develop the next generation of equipment in a company that is a leader in the utility equipment industry. Join a focused engineering team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Provide control system development support while learning through practical application of engineering principles. Altec is the leading manufacturer of aerial devices, digger derricks and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications and tree care industries. Altec’s control systems utilize the Model Based Design methodology via The Mathworks Matlab and Simulink controls development environment. We seek to implement classical closed loop controls, with an eye towards emerging advanced controls strategies.
• Participate on design teams to assist in the development and validation of controls logic that will be embedded on Altec products
• Assist with hands-on, full machine performance testing
• Develop interface pages / material for configuring, troubleshooting, and servicing machines
• Review and create control system documentation (electrical schematics, component prints, specification documents, functional requirements, etc)
• With technical guidance, review electrical component specification and application for compatibility
• Interacts with other engineering personnel, as well as production associates and supervisors in order to complete projects and assignments
Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited 4-year college or university as an undergraduate.
Preferred majors include:
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering with controls or mechatronics concentration
• Agricultural Engineering with controls or mechatronics concentration
• Computer Science
*Minimum GPA of 2.75
• Matlab / Simulink
* At least 18 years of age
Candidates must have drive, initiative and a desire to work in a manufacturing setting. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, computer skills, strong analytical, problem solving, a willingness to undertake hands on activities, and time management skills. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.