Why Join Altec?
Altec Fenex, an Altec subsidiary, was formed in 1993 by a dedicated group who wanted to bring quality equipment to the Telephone Industry. Continuing its 30-year relationship with Communication Companies, Fenex also expanded to Cable and Power Utilities.
Altec, family-owned since 1929, has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of mobile service technicians providing aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment in over 100 countries around the world, all proudly Made in America.
The primary duty of the Warehouse Associate is to receive, stock, ship, and deliver parts and materials. Pick/ pack/ ship product to other departments, other divisions, and customers.
Why Altec Fenex?
- Enjoy a great small-team environment with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day!
- Day shift position. Monday through Friday, 8-hour shifts
- Fast-paced autonomy and movement within a cohesive organization
- All the camaraderie of a smaller facility with all the benefits of a large organization
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family Time
- Growth & development encouraged within Altec
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer knowledge
- Material Handling experience
- Forklift / Picker experience
- Warehouse experience
- Computer skills, with bar-coding a plus
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials/Manufacturing
- Use and provide proper care of PPE
- Locate and deliver parts and components to lines as required
- Prepare shipments
- Receive, count, inspect shipments and move to proper locations
- Load outgoing and unload incoming shipments
- Interact with vendors and shippers in a professional and safe manner
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Transport hazardous material as needed
- Routinely inspect fork truck
- Support the Altec Production System (APS)
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
- Maintain daily time records
- Other job duties as assigned
Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
There’s never been a better time to join us!