Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Press Brake/Machine Operator will fabricate, position and form metal parts for assembling custom truck bodies for the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment.
Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Work Hours - 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, lasers, punch, saws, and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, and form metal/fiberglass plates, sheets and structural shapes according to blueprints and specifications
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation
- Selects, positions, and secures dies, and fixtures onto machine, using rule, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in gauges
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition work piece, change dies, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes
- Inspects or measures work, using rule, gauges, and templates to ensure quality products.
- Lifts work piece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures it on machine table in holding fixture
- Moves machine controls to feed tools into work piece, and engages automatic feed or manually holds
- Observes machine operation, and verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers, tape measures and squares, to ensure the quality of the part being fabricated.
- Moves controls to adjust bending degrees, back stop positions, cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- Produce standard work for each job’s routed time to the time specified, to ensure machine utilization and departmental efficiency.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Vocational training in lieu of experience would be considered
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Basic computer usage knowledge required.
- Ability to use measuring equipment and read blue prints and schematics required.
- General knowledge of at least one of the following desired
- Manufacturing / Production processes
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.