Why Join Altec?
Altec is a leading supplier of products and services for the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs and tree care markets. We design, manufacture and sell products and provide services to more than 100 countries throughout the world. While we are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- what really makes us successful is how we help our associates reach higher. We help people reach their potential, and believe that makes all the difference in our company. Learn more -- https://jobs.altec.com/
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To prepare, assemble and install vehicle and/or chipper components to required specifications for Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Unit and Finish department.
• Read and interpret schematics (blueprints).
• Read and interpret work orders.
• Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
• Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
• Learn and operator all equipment within the work area (cell).
• Perform rework as required.
• Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
• Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train).
• Maintain daily time records.
• Install unit vehicle and/or chipper components and accessories.
• Testing of installed components.
• Mastery of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and trouble shooting skills.
• Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
• Maintain and complete any necessary documentation or paperwork.
• Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
• State Certification (career readiness) desired.
• Proficient knowledge of at least one of the following desired.
Manufacturing / Production processes
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Ability to obtain Forklift certificate if required.
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers and group leads as needed
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Clean up and dispose of any trash generated while performing job responsibilities.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.