Develop the next generation of equipment in a company that is a leader in the utility equipment industry. Join a focused engineering team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product.
Take a Career Step
- Work in a facility that manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs.
- Support sales in a direct business-to-business customer relationship.
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Apply at https://www.altec.com/careers
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent works in an entry-level capacity under the guidance of more experienced engineer and associates.
- Learn Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
- Practice prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operate with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Know and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Provide technical support to sales associates
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learn and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Work on various sizes of Altec projects
- Work within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
- Current valid Driver's License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.