Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides administrative support within the Human Resources department, such as support for recruitment and employment, associate records, benefits administration, payroll and training a majority of work time; may also serve as receptionist for an Altec facility.
• Conducts reference or background checks on job applicants
• Contacts job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications
• Maintains and updates human resources documents, such as organizational charts, associate handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms
• Serves as the receptionist answering and fielding calls throughout the Altec location
• Greets, directs and registers all visitors, ensuring that each visitor is signed in and given a visitor badge prior to being allowed access to the building
• Answers questions via phone and from visitors regarding Altec
• Prepares or maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software
• Assists in preparing and maintaining associate records and handbooks
• Assists in ensuring company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
• May gather data and cost analyses in support of the HR Function
• Coordinates administrative aspects of training programs
• Researches and prepares reports for management use in support of the HR Function
• May research associate benefit and health and safety practices for changes or modifications to existing policies
• Schedules and coordinates company sponsored on-site and off-site events
• Compiles associate time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
• Computes wages and deductions, and enters data into computer; Distributes badge and Kronos time cards
• Coordinates special programs, such as United Way campaigns, involving payroll deductions.
• Provides administrative support to HR team and or other management
• Serves as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate and seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Two years applicable experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree may be considered in lieu of experience
• Excellent computer skills required; Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviewing HR function; Invoices for accuracy and management approval
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0-25%
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.