Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is seeking a Controls Developer for our Derrick Focus Factory located in St. Joseph, MO. From customer interaction to custom product creation, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Our mission is to profitably design, manufacture, and sell innovative custom products, services, and solutions to users of mobile telecom and utility equipment.
As a Controls Developer, you will design, develop, and deploy technologies and systems for embedded controls on Altec products.
Do you want a job that makes a positive impact?
- Altec equipment is trusted by Utility Companies, Contractors, and Linemen to help them safely construct and maintain High Voltage power lines.
Do you want a job that allows you to interact with the product you create?
- Controls Developers at Altec work in the manufacturing facilities that produce the equipment they are developing for.
- Controls Developers are expected to know how to personally operate the equipment they are developing for.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required
- ABET EAC certified Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering is required for engineering degrees
- Experience with CAN communication is preferred
- Experience with model-based design using Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PLM software
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Develop and validate controls logic that will be embedded on the Digger Derrick product line
- Embedded system design and component selection
- Develop interface pages/material for configuring, troubleshooting, and servicing machines
- Curate information locally on machine that can be transmitted via telematics to further product knowledge and generate insights for customers
- Review electrical component specification and application for compatibility
- Work with remote team members to maintain product architecture
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts
Altec’s primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Chippers, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom).
- Maintain your career focus, with continued training, growth & development encouraged within Altec.
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance