Why Join Altec?
There is an Engineering CO-OP opening at the Northern Division in Indianapolis, IN for the 2023 Spring and Summer terms. From customer interaction and new product creation to the implementation of manufacturing processes, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Final Assembly Engineers design the structural, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems for truck mounted equipment.
- Must be enrolled as an under-graduate, full time student in the College or University, in good standing and the ability to complete multiple sessions.
- Completed a minimum of 24 hours of coursework or have earned sophomore class standing.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering.
- Using standard operating procedures, established engineering processes and basic calculations.
- Successfully complete in an efficient and timely manner routine engineering assignments that may include research, testing, design and development.
- Develop the ability and demonstrate the initiative, to complete tasks in a manner requiring less direct and immediate supervision than would be required in the initial phases of the Associate Engineer’s employment.
- Apply engineering procedures and calculations to develop solutions to problems requiring some minor level of innovation.
- Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with other Altec personnel and customer representatives, as appropriate, in order to complete projects and assignments.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.