Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
The Green Fleet Sales Group has a need to immediately hire a Green Fleet Sales Specialist. This position will generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts across the United States. This position will work directly with all groups of Altec in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment
- Has a passion for sales
- Is relationship and value driven
- Can relate to our internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the Green Fleet Business, including competitors, market pricing, cost, competitive intelligence and industry trends. Masters the available information within the Product Information Center and is willing to work with the Market Manager to improve as needed
- Assist with all accounts by developing strong and deep customer relationships. Help by understanding, anticipating and responding to customer needs. Maintain regular call activity by promoting the benefits of the Altec Green Fleet relationship
- Develop and execute a regional strategy to identify, qualify and target new and existing business opportunities where emphasis is put on our new product lineup
- Support legacy products that were produced over the past 10 years
- Ensure that sales goals are met or exceeded while ensuring customer service
- EV and NON-EV Chassis Sales Support
- Conduct In-Service Training and Demos of both Altec Manufactured Green Fleet Products as well as EV Chassis. This may include face-to-face or virtual on-line efforts. It would be expected that occasional presentations be held virtually.
- Conduct business meetings with customers
- Coordinate business efforts with other Regions and Altec Divisions to maximize customer penetration
- Manage the dissemination of information as it relates to both internal and external customer needs
- Track and report regional metrics to gauge activity, productivity and progress towards team goals
- Gains a better understanding of opportunities nationwide and globally. Works with the Green Fleet Sales Group and Market Manager to translate this perspective into product and project opportunities
- Works closely with TSR’s, Account Managers, Chassis Procurement Group, Market Managers, Service Group and Engineering across multiple market segments when green fleet sales support is requested
- Interacts with various organizations and agencies on a state wide and national level to help implement Green Fleet Strategy, IE: (EEI, Clean Cities, VW, HVIP) which helps reduce carbon footprint and may include incentives to reduce acquisition costs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years of successful outside sales experience required. Equipment experience, knowledge and interest is a big plus.
- Current valid Driver’s License
- PC Skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight when needed, sometimes extensively
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Able to obtain CDL
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.