his is a second shift position Sunday - Thursday
• Perform Mig welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
• Read and interpret schematics (blueprints).
• Read and interpret work orders.
• Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
• Follow established safety and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
• Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell).
• Perform rework as required.
• Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
• Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train).
• Maintain daily time records.
• Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
• Maintain and complete any necessary documentation or paperwork.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
• Vocational training and previous experience in welding desired.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.