Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has an immediate need for Mobile / Field Service Technicians.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
We Are Altec
Value-Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
A normal day for an Altec Mobile Technician could include:
- On-site troubleshooting, diagnostics, major component change outs and preventive maintenance of truck-mounted hydraulic equipment including but not limited to Aerial Devices, Digger derricks, and Cranes
- Technicians are based from home with centralized support
Benefits of working as an Altec Mobile Technician:
- Competitive pay which rewards performance
- State-of-the-art late-model service truck w/ extended cab, built-in wi-fi and hands free, truck-mounted remote crane w/ outriggers, hydraulic drive air compressor, enclosed bed, body mounted toolboxes
- Company-provided specialty, calibrated, battery-powered, and large tools
- Based from home with flexible scheduling and overnight travel as required; overtime is available to support customer
- Work directly for the manufacturer with ongoing factory training and world-class technical and engineering support
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Previous field / mobile service experience
- Education related to mechanics, electronics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Exp with, e.g., truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skidsteers, dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE)
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Three years of industry related experience.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- Ability to drive motor vehicles
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Travel is required including overnight with the need to adapt to flexible schedules
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply
Please send resume to [email protected]
And apply now at https://jobs.altec.com
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.