Why Join Altec?
Altec Midwest is looking for a Chassis Logistics Analyst--Entry Level/New Grad to join the team located in St. Joseph, MO. This individual will enhance product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that effect production, distribution, and inventory. This analyst creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer experience.
Building on over 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A degree in a related discipline preferred
- Microsoft Office suite experience preferred. Excel and Word required
- Prior logistics experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Maintain databases of logistics information.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles, using Web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Enter logistics-related data into databases.
- Develop or maintain models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating or demand forecasting.
- Review procedures, such as distribution or inventory management, to ensure maximum efficiency or minimum cost.
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
- Maintain logistics records in accordance with corporate policies.
- Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery performances.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for logistics processes.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Identify opportunities for inventory reductions.
- Manage weekly chassis calls or provide updates to senior management.
- Work on strategic chassis projects.
- Ability to communicate to internal customers when requested for chassis supply chain information.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.