Why Join Altec?
Creedmoor is located in the heart of the Tarheel State between beautiful North Carolina beaches and scenic Blue Ridge Mountains. The Triangle is 25 minutes away, and is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Steeped in tradition and history, the Triangle is home to world-class museums, top research universities, the Carolina Hurricanes, the Durham Bulls, and legendary Tobacco Road rivalries. Imagine being close to all the amenities of big-city life while maintaining a small-town atmosphere – this is Creedmoor.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To properly maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and production equipment to ensure proper and safe use.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance.
• Repair or replace defective equipment using hand tools, power tools, and reassembly equipment.
• Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, and plumbing , machinery, and equipment.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions following checklists.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking schematics, blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Inspect, operate , and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tolls to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Welding, cutting, brazing, and soldering as needed.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
• Repair or correct safety concerns.
• Support RCI events.
• Clean equipment and work areas to enhance housekeeping (5S)
• General building maintenance.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
• Record and document all maintenance repair work performed.
• Perform all duties assigned by the supervisor
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Industrial Maintenance Technical Degree preferred.
Internal: One year Maintenance Tech I Experience
External: Two years of general maintenance experience required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance