Why Join Altec?
Altec Sentry is a highly motivated, energetic group of equipment and safety training professionals. We help employers train and certify operators to safely use Altec equipment. We are committed to operator safety and believe that industry-leading equipment deserves industry-leading training.
Be part of a fun, collaborative Altec training team that exceeds customer expectations, values its team members, and upholds Altec’s core values.
- We work hard to earn our customers’ trust and deliver high quality training at all levels.
- Maintain career focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum four years of experience in a technical training/instructional capacity required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Valid U.S. State-issued Driver's License required
- Must be eligible for U.S. Passport within 60 days of hire
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to safely board machinery using ladders or steps
- Working in elevated equipment at heights over 100 feet is required
- Significant amount of outdoor, physical activity is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, e.g., Word, PowerPoint, required
- Must be able to travel (60-75%), including occasional weekends
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) experience highly preferred
- Industrial or other equipment safety training experience highly desired
- Spanish language fluency is preferred
- NCCCO or equivalent crane operator certification highly desired
- Accredited training environment experience highly desired
- Experience with learning management systems highly desired
- Serve as a positive example of Altec's "Safety in Everything We Do" at all times
- Study and comprehend applicable industry safety regulations and design standards
- Perform classroom and hands-on instruction, and facilitate online learning as required
- Develop and expand training market for regional training area as required
- Prepare and deliver safety presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Analyze and solve problems independently with minimal supervision
- Develop and maintain proficiency operating Altec equipment, including aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and other units as required
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical expertise across Altec product lines
- Complete requirements for and administer equipment certification as required
- Actively contribute to Altec product development process
- Apply a working knowledge of learning management system administration
Instructional Design and Review
- Effectively engage in team projects as contributor or team leader
- Assist in developing new training courses as required
- Review, evaluate and modify current/future courses, applying relevant standards
- Review or create operator safety guidelines, manuals and instructional material
- Apply appropriate content delivery methods to course design
Altec’s products – Made in America – can be found in over 100 countries around the world. We manufacture a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.