Why Join Altec?
Altec has an opening for a Corporate HR Compliance Manager responsible for managing all aspects of HR Compliance to include governmental reporting, policy oversight and adherence, associate relations, and internal/external compliance auditing.
The Successful Candidate
- Has a strong professional awareness of how Human Resources interfaces within the overall management team to utilize Human Capital to impact business results
- Is technically proficient in the broad range of HR functions, both in theory and application, including best practices, with awareness of legal implications
- Fosters an environment where associates produce quality products in a dynamic team environment, with a consistent focus on Altec values
- Has experience with and a sensitivity for understanding customer requirements
- Has a commitment to Human Resources as a profession, focused on productive and positive business relationships
- In addition to technical competence, this key player will have excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills
- Is relationship-driven, with highly developed organization skills
- Engages in high levels of diplomacy and maintains confidentiality
A four-year college degree and experience in Human Resources-related compliance is required.
In addition, one of the following requirements must be met:
- 5 years of HR Compliance experience
- Master’s Degree and 3 years of HR Compliance experience
- Juris Doctorate and 1 year of HR Compliance or Employment Law experience
Join a company with a history of continuous growth and a team-focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement, a company with financial stability, continuing to make strategic investments in its future. Sharpen a broad range of skills with on-going in-house training and support.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Altec’s primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, and Specialty Equipment.
Apply now at https://jobs.altec.com
See more at www.altec.com
Major Responsibilities (Examples of work performed)
- Monitors HR regulatory changes from state and federal authorities; stays abreast of current industry trends and new regulations in order to analyze impact and recommends action plans if process / policy changes are required.
- Ensures organizational compliance with current laws and regulations.
- Works with HR Partners to ensure consistency in the interpretation and application of HR Policies and procedures.
- Manages Affirmative Action Plans - prepares, monitors, and tracks progress towards goals; submits compliance reports to regulatory organizations to include EEO-1 and Vets 100 reports.
- Manages Altec Alert Line oversight, including investigating sensitive issues reported that cannot be conducted by local HR; creates and maintains files and file standards to document investigation results or complaints; may collaborate with corporate counsel on compliance issues and provide management and HR Partners with progress reports.
- Communicates key trends in Altec Alert Line complaints, including recommendations for improvements in training for supervisors and associates.
- Collaborates with human resources business partners on appropriate disciplinary actions for associates who violate compliance standards or Altec’s Code of Conduct; trains HR Partners on appropriate investigation techniques and documentation.
- Consults with Regional and local HR Business Partners and Management Teams in preparation for audits by regulatory authorities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel 0-25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.