Why Join Altec?
- Enjoy the opportunity to contribute in a variety of areas: continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in a safety - focused facility that designs, sells, manufactures, assembles and tests its own products.
- Take pride in your workmanship.
- Thrive in a positive and team-oriented environment.
Creedmoor is located in the heart of the Tarheel State between beautiful North Carolina beaches and scenic Blue Ridge Mountains. The Triangle is 25 minutes away, and is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Steeped in tradition and history, the Triangle is home to world-class museums, top research universities, the Carolina Hurricanes, the Durham Bulls, and legendary Tobacco Road rivalries. Imagine being close to all the amenities of big-city life while maintaining a small-town atmosphere – this is Creedmoor.
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting;insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing CNC, electrical, or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all safety regulations for the individual as well as other employees, including keeping the work area clean and in orderly condition as well as wearing all appropriate safety attire for the job that is being performed.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools, power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking schematics, blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Perform safety repairs throughout the building.
- Perform various facility maintenance throughout the building.
- Respond to hazardous waste incidents or releases due to release of hazardous waste or hazardous materials until HAZMAT officials arrive on the scene.
- Perform all duties assigned by the supervisor.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Industrial Maintenance Technical Degree preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Basic computer usage knowledge required.
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Mechanical background to include troubleshooting skills.
- Electrical/electronics’ experience working with PLC’s, CNC’s and Motor Controls preferred
- Electrical knowledge in industrial/commercial environments, including 480-volt 3 phase and multi-meter usage preferred.
Internal: One year Maintenance Tech I Experience
External: Two years of general maintenance experience required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.