PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Altec, our people are our greatest strength. The Roanoke Operations Human Resources Team is growing, and we are looking for a skilled Specialist to join our Team! We have an opening for a Human Resources professional that will take ownership of recruiting functions, but will also have a variety of other HR responsibilities, including onboarding, compensation, benefits, training, and associate relations. The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role, while having a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment.
- Coordinate recruitment process: recruit qualified applicants, interview, onboard associates, and process new hire paperwork, including, but not limited to, processing background checks, scheduling physicals and pre-employment drug screens, and I-9 verifications
- Work closely with managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their hiring needs for each position
- Advise supervisors and associates on state and federal employment regulations, benefit and compensation policies, company policies & procedures
- Prepare and maintain personnel records, as well as auditing of records
- Communicate with managers, supervisors, group leads and production associates to support production efforts and staffing needs
- Administer benefits, including associate insurance, savings plan, and Tuition Reimbursement program, among others
- Management of leaves of absence, including maintaining contact with associates on leave and all related procedures
- Plan and execute events on behalf of charitable causes
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure the necessary employment termination paperwork is completed and proper procedures followed
- Knowledge of state unemployment regulations and processes
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of applicable HR experience required
- Excellent computer skills required. Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Acts with integrity and handles confidential information in a professional manner
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.