Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently looking for a Training Sales Specialist for Altec Sentry in Birmingham, AL. Altec Sentry helps our customers train and certify Altec equipment operators on safe and proper operation. We are committed to safety and believe that industry-leading equipment deserves industry-leading training. That’s exactly what Altec Sentry provides. The Sales Training Specialist provides customer service and sales services to Sentry’s existing and potential customers.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
- Interprets and explains to customers the features, values and benefits of the Sentry program
- Identifies and addresses customer needs for operator training or certification
- Serves customers by selling Sentry in-person and online training products
- Cross-sells Altec subsidiary products i.e., Service, Supply, and Sales whenever possible
- Engages other resources to expand Sentry customer base and enhance marketing efforts
- Engages with sales teams to keep them abreast of customer activity
- Provides accurate and timely customer quotes
- Engages with Altec resources to resolve customer questions
- Answers/returns incoming helpdesk calls, messages, and emails
- Maintains the Sentry training calendar as well as customer billing and other records
- Leads the NCCCO (National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators) certification paperwork process
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree required
- Three years’ experience in related sales or administrative position required